Job descriptionFour Seasons Hotel Firenze is looking for a Chef de partie specialised in Asian cuisine to join our team. Our Chef de partie supervises and oversees the preparation of food items per guest orders or as assigned by kitchen management, in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment and complying with all Four Seasons’ policies.
Work authorization for the location is required.
Fixed Term Contract- Full Time
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Work on a team that is built on mutual respect, collaboration, excellent service and a passion to exceed guest expectations by providing the most memorable guest experience. Four Seasons Hotel Firenze has the largest private garden in the city, bordered by a 16th-century former convent, known as La Villa, and the Renaissance Palazzo della Gherardesca. In 2018 Condé Nast Traveler editors listed Four Seasons Hotel Florence as one of their favorite hotels in the world and we won the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award. Four Seasons provides employees with the same level of care that we expect to be shared with our guests. We have been ranked in FORTUNE Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for since 1998.
• Participate in the preparation of food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; complete mis en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service.
• Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not prepare beyond estimated needs.
• Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill.
• Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per policies.
• Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Minimum one year of food service or related work experience in Asian specialty restaurants
• Previous Michelin star restaurant experience is an advantage
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Successful candidate must possess legal work authorization in Europe
|Start date:||From 1st March, 2019|
|Duration of employment:||Fulltime 5 days/week|
|Working hours:||Summer season|
|Work experience:||1 year experience|